Thursday, March 8, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday - Calcote Family Portrait

When we visited Aunt Cile in October 2011 and I was scanning family pictures, she brought out this treasure and gave it to us. (I teared up when she gave it to me and held it in my lap most of our trip.) I plan to have copies made when I can find the right place to do it. It looks more like a painting than a photograph. The back is attached with what looks like upholstery tacks and the cardboard arm for standing it up is broken off.


On the left, Myrtis Calcote is holding a doll and her brother, Adron Calcote is beside her.  Bertha Calcote is standing in the middle.  The name of the boy next to her was not known by Aunt Cile, but he is not one of the siblings.  The adults are William Harrison Calcote, Jr. and wife, Virginia Buckles Calcote.  Standing beside her mother is Alma Calcote with Ollie in front holding a teddy bear.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful treasure that your Aunt has shared with you and now you will have to pass on to your loved ones.

    Thebranchesonourtree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete