Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday's Obituary - Myrtice Aline French Fowler

This blog was started to share information about my family genealogy.  Until now it has mainly focused on my husband's paternal lines.  Today marks the third anniversary of the day my mother-in-law passed from this life, so I thought it fitting that I post her obituary today.  As of the time of this posting, her obituary is still posted on the Chapel of Hope website.  She also has a memorial page on findagrave.com.

She fought a brave battle against breast cancer for about 5 years.  She was such an example to me of how well one could live while fighting cancer.  At one of her treatments she made a comment to me, that maybe her going through this in some way would help others.

Most of her years were spent as a homemaker, but she worked in the office of the Armstrong Rubber Plant in Natchez, Mississippi where she met her future husband.  She enjoyed playing golf and her name appeared in the Hobbs News-Sun many times in connection with that.  After her children had all left home, she became a realtor.

Although it goes without saying, I feel the need to say how very much her family misses and loves her.  Most of all I miss seeing her, talking to her, and hearing her laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment