Sunday, December 4, 2011

First Blog Entry

After years of non-blogging, I've decided to attempt a blog.  As a retiree, I should have the time now, right?  Not necessarily, so we'll see!

I've been researching my family genealogy since I was in high school or college and want what I've found to be preserved in case future generations are interested in it.  Have other family members before me made an attempt to preserve information and I've not located it? I wonder!  So much has been lost as generations pass, papers are thrown away, stories and facts are forgotten, and acts of man and nature destroy things.  Technology has given us many more ways to preserve what we now have and know.

Lately I've been watching  webinars presented by Legacy Family Tree.  I missed the live webinars by Dear Myrtle, one of my new friends in genealogy, but I was able to order the recorded Blogging for Beginners and More Blogging for Beginners on CD from Legacy.  After receiving them, I put them on a shelf and continued with other things.  Evidently the time was right for viewing them yesterday and now I'm actually setting up my first blog.

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS, Betty on your new blog. The site looks great and I see you've already made several posts, including hyperlinks to other resources.

    YOUR NEXT ASSIGNMENT (should you choose to accept it!) is to incorporate a photograph or scanned image of a document mentioning your ancestor.

    Don't worry, I won't disavow any knowledge of you or your brand spanking new blog!

    Way to go, girl!
    Myrt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Geneablogging community!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Myrt

    Assignment accepted and posted as Workday Wednesday today.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new blog, Betty. I think you'll be amazed at how engrossing this hobby can be!
    Evelyn
    A Canadian Family

    ReplyDelete